Your tooth enamel is a durable substance in your body. However, there are many things that we expose our teeth to that can damage our teeth and destroy our tooth enamel. Enamel erosion is a condition that can ruin your teeth, which is why it’s important to treat it as quickly as possible.
Our dentist, Dr. Lori Ann Safar, can help you treat your enamel erosion. Additionally, our team at Celebrity Smile in San Diego, California, is excited to share with you the basics of enamel erosion, so you understand how to care for your teeth.
Here is a list of insights into enamel erosion:
– The lack of saliva in your mouth is perilous to your oral health because bacteria that is left in your mouth can gnaw at your tooth enamel.
– Brushing and flossing help lower enamel erosion and protect your teeth and oral health.
– Sugar-free gum can help boost saliva production to help your tooth enamel stay healthy and strong.
– Your diet plays an essential role in enamel erosion because of the food choices that could put your teeth in peril making it necessary to think about your diet to protect your teeth.
– Acid reflux disease can cause enamel erosion because of the harmful acids in the esophagus that can damage your smile and tooth enamel.
– Sugars are treacherous to your oral health causing your teeth to deteriorate over time.
As you can see, there is much to learn about tooth enamel. The good news is enamel erosion can be treated by your oral health care professional. If you are interested in an appointment, please call us today at 858-481-8688. Our dental team is happy to welcome you into our office and restore your oral health.